Newtown Soberton Infant School Governing Body
The governing body is the strategic leader of the school and has a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Newtown Soberton Infant School has a dedicated and enthusiastic team of governors with representatives from several groups including parents, the community and local businesses. Please visit the 'Who Are We' section to view information on our current governors.
We are currently looking to recruit new members to our Governing Body..
The purpose of our governing body is to help the school deliver the best possible education, by maintaining a strong focus on three core functions:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school
• ensuring the school is accountable to all its stakeholders for the educational performance of the school and all its pupils
• overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
The governing body does not:
• inspect the school
• have involvement in the day-to-day running of the school
• authorise each item of expenditure
• decide which pupils will be admitted to the school
• decide how pupils are taught individual subjects
For more information on the role and responsibility of a Governing Body and how to apply to be a governor - Hampshire County Council - Governor Information
Anyone wishing to contact the Governing Body should get in touch with the school office or email our Clerk, Kim Lea K.email@example.com